Happy Wednesday everyone!
This is a reminder that there will be a Lamton tutoring session this Friday at 6pm at TAFM. This week, students from Vanderbilt University will be joining us. Please say hi to them and ask them about their experience both here in Minnesota and at their university!
1. Last week, we had 24 students and 15 tutors attend Lamton’s tutoring session.
2. Lamton is taking 10 students (only 10th and 11th graders) to 3 out-of-state universities from March 27-29 (students will miss school on Friday, March 27th). The universities are: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Northwestern University (Chicago) and University of Illinois at Chicago. The cost of transportation, lodging and 1 meal is $30/person. We are taking names and giving priority to 10th and 11th graders in Lamton, but we will open it to the broader community if we don’t generate enough response. Please email us with your name, school and grade ASAP if you would like to attend. The registration deadline is Sunday at 3pm.
3. The next ACT prep class is on March 8th from 1-3pm.
Happy Friday, everyone!
I hope your Losar weekend was relaxing and rejuvenating! Just a reminder that we will be having our weekly Lamton tutoring session TODAY, Feb 27th at 6pm at TAFM.
1. No tutoring session last Friday. We hope you enjoyed our song at the celebration!
2. ACT preparatory sessions start this Friday at 6pm in the TAFM conference room. Only 10th and 11th graders can participate. (priority to 11th graders) Please email us back with your name, grade and school to sign up! Positions are on a first come, first served basis. Seats are limited. There is a one-time fee of $10.
3. Seniors who need to get their FAFSA done, please come to the tutoring session on February 27th to complete your FAFSA! You all should complete your FAFSA’s by March 1st to ensure you get all the financial aid that you can get from the government! Please bring your 2014 tax returns, social security numbers (parents and yourself) and W-2’s!
-The Lamton Board
Good afternoon, Lamton family!
I hope everyone is staying warm on this extremely cold day! This is a reminder that we’ll have our weekly tutoring session at TAFM this Friday starting at 6pm. See you there!
1. Last week, we had 24 students and 11 tutors
at our tutoring session. It was a great two hours and we even had a few new faces to the program!
2. Our fundraiser dinner was a HUGE success!!!! Thank you to every single person that helped out before the event, during the event and after the event! We needed every single person to do the things that they did, which ultimately made the night both enjoyable and successful! Thank you to all of our volunteers!
3. We will be starting an ACT preparatory class in February for high school sophomores and juniors (priority given to juniors). Please email us back if you are interested in signing up for this ACT prep class! State your name, school and grade in the email. The deadline for signing up will be February 22nd at 5pm. It will be 9 sessions from February to April, just in time to get you prepared for the April 18th test.
4. Seniors who need to get their FAFSA done, please come to the tutoring session on February 27th to complete your FAFSA! You all should complete your FAFSA’s by March 1st to ensure you get all the aid that you can from the government! Please bring your 2014 tax returns, social security numbers (parents and yourself) and W-2’s!
Have a great day!
The Lamton Board
I hope you all enjoyed the little layer of snow that fell to the ground today! I just wanted to remind you that there is a Lamton tutoring session this Friday from 6–8pm at TAFM.
1. Last week, we had 24 students and 8 tutors attend our tutoring session.
2. Lamton Dinner Fundraiser- February 7th at 6pm at TAFM.
Tickets are $10/adult in advance and $15/adult at the door. Kids under 11 are free.
Please help us sell tickets!!! Or if you haven’t bought tickets yet, please do!
3. No Lamton tutoring session on Feb 20th. Enjoy your Losar!
4. Check out our student blogposts
on our website: LamtonMN.org
The Lamton Board
I hope this snowy morning is not making your way to work, or school, a bit more difficult than usual! I just wanted to remind you that there is a Lamton session this Friday from 6-8pm at the TAFM community center! We hope to see everyone there!
Last week, we had 13 students and 6 tutors at the tutoring session. Some students thought that we did not have a tutoring session then because the students were on break. Just as a reminder, Lamton tutoring sessions will be held every Friday unless we notify you about a cancelation through our website, email, Facebook or Twitter. Please feel free to email or call us as well if you are unsure.
Lamton Dinner Fundraiser will be on Feb. 7th at 6pm at TAFM! Please spread the word! We are selling tickets! Tickets are $10 advance; $15 at the door. Attached is a flyer that includes all necessary information about the event. Please contact a Lamton board member to purchase tickets. Or, if you would like to sell a ticket bunch, please let me know! As you know, we are fundraising heavily this year to offset the cost of the (out of state) college visits we are planning to have for the spring. We can only do this if we are able to successfully secure the funds necessary! This is an all hands on deck effort so please help out as much as you can and in any way you can!
Thank you. -The Lamton Board